Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cleanse: Last Day!

Today is the last day of my 14-day cleanse! The food re-introduction phase is going well, with no notable reactions so far. I already know from previous experience that too much dairy or wheat will cause me problems, but in moderate amounts, apparently I'm fine.



Dr. Turner recommends adding an informal day 15 and 16 to re-introduce beef and pork and I plan on doing that. Now that I was finally able to eat some wheat today, I'm not feeling quite so desperate.

My final weight loss for the 2 week period was 5 pounds, which leaves me only 2 pounds from my goal. I had put on 15 pounds between Halloween and New Year's this year. I took most of that off before starting the cleanse, but I credit the cleanse with getting me through the natural plateau you always seem to hit after losing 10 pounds. Next year I'm hoping to mitigate the holiday gain to less than 10 pounds.

Although it was tough at times, I'm really glad I did it. I'm am feeling really good, energetic and healthy. So if you're considering whether or not try a Cleanse, I'd recommend giving it a go. There are lots of different plans to choose from, if Dr. Turner's approach is not for you. My only suggestions would be:

  • Do your research! Search the internet for others who have completed the plan and see what their results were like.
  • Stay away from anything too extreme, such as eating the same food for days on end, or having to get all your nutritional needs from supplements.
  • Check for plans developed by a medical professional, or at the very least endorsed by one.
  • Be wary of outrageous claims. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • If you have any medical issues, check in with your doctor before you start.
Good luck and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment